|Salary:||£29,000 BSP / £32,000 STP Per Annum|
|Location:||Boston Spa or St Pancras|
|Vacancy Group:||Chief Operating Officers Portfolio|
|Category:||Information Technology and Development|
Full Time, Permanent
Do you have what it takes to ensure the smooth running of systems, applications and services for The British Library?
Would you like to work with a wide range of people from different teams and departments to help deliver and improve services?
As one of the world’s great libraries, our duty is to preserve the nation’s intellectual memory for the future and make it available to all for research, inspiration and enjoyment. At present we have well over 170 million items, in most known languages, with three million new items added every year. We have manuscripts, maps, newspapers, magazines, prints and drawings, music scores, and patents. We make our collections and programmes available to all. We operate the world’s largest document delivery service providing millions of items a year to customers all over the world. What matters to us is that we preserve the national memory and enable knowledge to be created both now and in the future by anyone, anywhere.
The British Library is implementing a new Digital Repository and is looking for enthusiastic individuals to provide support for the system and ensure that this new application delivers the service our customers require. As an Application Specialists in our Digital Library Systems team, based either at St Pancras, London or Boston Spa, West Yorkshire you will be key in providing support for this service and other applications in the systems portfolio.
We work in a hybrid environment, averaging one day a week onsite, however, we let you decide what works best for you, e.g. 3 days onsite one week and the next 2 weeks working from home. We are very much delivery and outcomes focussed….
· Experience of supporting, configuring and integration of third party/packaged or bespoke applications
· Experience of monitoring large scale or multiple applications and services
· Experience of operational acceptance testing and deploying changes to production systems using appropriate controls
· Excellent communicator and demonstrable ability to work as part of a team to agreed customer service levels and SLAs
· Proven problem solving skills using a logical and considered approach
· Proven systems analysis and documentation skills
· Experience of data migration and file management
We would particularly love to hear from you if you have knowledge and experience of the above
We will take care of you with:
· Flexible Working
· 25 days annual leave, plus 2.5 privilege days (and Bank Holidays on top!)
· Employers Pension Contribution of 26.6%-30.3%
· Free parking when onsite at Boston Spa
· Free access to Training Courses to upskill yourself
· Free Medicare Scheme
For further information and to apply, please visit www.bl.uk/careers quoting vacancy ref:04437
Closing date: 5 March 2023
Interview date: 16, 17 & 21 March
We are unable to provide sponsorship under the UK Skilled Worker visa for this role, as it does not meet the eligibility criteria required for this immigration routeFull Time, Permanent
We are a Disability Confident employer, and make a commitment to recruit and support disabled people. We guarantee an interview for disabled candidates who meet the minimum (essential) requirements for a vacancy